obey-robots.txt
Onderwerp bekijken
Wat is er mogelijk met het modem en hoe doe je het? Hoe kom je in het configuratiescherm? Heeft deze router wireless? Waar vind je wat in de schermen? Kun je nog extra dingen instellen, bijv. via telnet? Zijn er problemen bekend met dit modem? en hoe los je ze op?
 Onderwerp afdrukken
Huawei HG655D met andere router in Bridge mode
allornothing
Hi again Mr Baboon;

An update for you!

I just now thought to hell with it and simply plugged the Linksys into the LAN2 port on the Huawei without making any changes to the settings at all apart from checking the LAN2 box on the WAN page and after rebooting the Linksys I had internet on a PC that is served via wifi from the Linksys!

Is this the arrangement you were speaking of, with 2 routers working together?

The setup was now this:

Huawei LAN1 port ---> PC1 (internet working!)
Huawei LAN2 port ---> Linksys ---> Edimax range extender ---> PC2 (internet working!)

I could talk to the Huawei from PC1, but not from PC2.
I could talk to the Linksys from PC2, but not from PC1.

Then I went a step further and disconnected PC1 from the Huawei and connected it directly to the Linksys router.

Now the setup is this:

Huawei LAN2 port ---> Linksys ---> Edimax range extender ---> PC2 (internet working!)
Linksys ---> via cable to PC1 (internet working!)

Now I can talk to both routers from PC1.

None of our CCTV cameras are working anymore, but I can get those down and reconfigure them if I have to.

I'm now trying to juggle 2 working routers! Which one is in charge? Which one will be handing out IP addresses to visitors, for example? Which router should I plug my CCTV cameras into, to configure them? Does it matter? Is there some router/router conflict waiting to bite me on the arse?

Are you interested in continuing to help me out, or have you had enough pain? ;-)

I R Baboon
Heel normaal gedrag allemaal.
Met twee routers heb je nu bazen in je netwerk met elk hun eigen interne netwerk.

Maar eerst moet je eens goed beschrijven welke apparatuur in het huis zijn?
En waar die op aangesloten zijn of horen te worden.
Dan kan ik je beter adviseren.
Kijk voor de beste satelliet links naar [url=Satelliet.start-plaats.nl]Satelliet.start-plaats.nl[/url]

allornothing
Hi again, and thanks;

The situation now is this.

Huawei (192.168.1.1) LAN2 port ---> (by cable) Linksys (192.168.0.1) WAN port

There are 2 range extenders (Edimax 1 and 2) connected by wifi to the Linksys.
There are 3 cctv cameras connected by wifi to the Linksys. One directly, one via Edimax1 and one connected by cable to Edimax2 There is 1 cctv camera connected by poe cable to the Linksys.
PC 1 is connected by cable to the Linksys.
PC 2 is connected to Edimax1 by cable.

All the wifi devices have static ip adresses in the 192.168.1.xxx range.

I can talk to both routers from both PCs, but not to any of the wifi devices.

The Huawei is still set to default settings.

Linksys (192.168.0.1) (by wifi) ---> Edimax1 (192.168.1.xxx) ---> (by cable) PC2 (192.168.1.xxx); and (by wifi) ---> Cam1 (192.168.1.xxx)
Linksys (192.168.0.1) (by wifi) ---> Edimax2 (192.168.1.xxx) ---> (by cable) Cam4 (192.168.1.xxx)
Linksys (192.168.0.1) (by wifi) ---> Cam3 (192.168.1.xxx)
Linksys (192.168.0.1) (by poe powered cable) --->Cam2 (192.168.1.xxx)

Everything would be perfect except I've lost contact with the cameras and range extenders, and also I cannot connect the 2 PCs with Teamviewer via LAN as I could before. They're both still on the same 192.168.1.xxx network, both still connected to the Linksys.

I've googled a bit about having 2 routers and if I understand correctly I now have 2 separate networks, and the reason I cannot contact the cameras is because the Linksys has the wrong ip address, and I should change it back to 192.168.1.1 and give the Huawei a different address, such as 192.168.2.1. But I tried giving the Huawei a different ip adress (192.168.2.1 I think, I don't remember) and I immediately lost contact with the Huawei and also lost internet. I thought I'd better wait and ask you about reassigning these ip addresses, so I reset the Huawei to default settings to get back online and here we are.

Is it as simple as that, change the router ip addresses? If I change the Linksys address right away to 192.168.1.1, won't there then be 2 routers temporarily with the same address? Won't that cause a meltdown or something? What's the best way to proceed to get all my wifi devices back online?

Something else I don't understand is that if the reason the devices cannot connect is because the Linksys has the wrong ip address, why is it that I can still connect to the network with PC2 which is connected by cable to Edimax1, which is connected by wifi to the Linksys. But I cannot connect to Cam1, which is connected to the same Edimax1 by wifi.

allornothing
Hi;

well, I've kinda solved the problem, but instead of a bridged router I have 2 routers. That's ok, as long as it works...

The Huawei is at 192.168.2.1 and the Linksys is at 192.168.1.1. They are connected LAN ===> WAN.

I'm leaving the Huawei wifi on for visitor's devices, but changed the channel to 11. There are no devices connected at the moment.
The Linksys is on channel 1. All the devices connected to it are working ok, and I have internet on PC2.

I haven't changed any other settings on the Huawei at all yet.

Our public IP has remained unchanged.

Our only problem now is one of port forwarding. When we had only one router we could connect to the cameras via an app on my phone, via the internet, If we were away from home. The IP address would be xx.xxx.xx.xxx:xxxxx. Now that's not working. Both networks have the same Public IP address, so I can see there would be confusion.

Is there a way to make sure that all incoming port forwarding requests go automatically to the Linksys network?

Hope to hear from you, but either way, thanks for all your time and patience, It's really been appreciated.

I R Baboon
Zo te zien sluit je alles aan op de Linksys.
Dat maakt het wat eenvoudiger qua setup.
Je kan dan kiezen voor een router achter router setup.
Alleen moet je wel de poorten openen naar de Linksys.
Anders kan die niet volledig zijn werk doen.

Ik zie een 192.168.0.1 adres bij de Linksys. Dat is van de eigen DHCP server, neem ik aan?
Dat komt dan niet overeen met je vaste ip adressen. Die staan op een ander subnet.
192.168.0.xxx <-> 192.168.1.xxx
Dat is niet helemaal correct.

Welk type Linksys is het?
Kijk voor de beste satelliet links naar [url=Satelliet.start-plaats.nl]Satelliet.start-plaats.nl[/url]

allornothing
Hi again;

I think you misread my post, the Linksys is on 192.168.1.1.

Yes, it's just the portforwarding thing left to fix, I think :-)

It's a Linksys E2000.

I R Baboon
Ik zie toch echt Linksys (192.168.0.1) staan.
Waar komt dat dan vandaan?

allornothing
Here's my post from earlier today:

8PtowU9

but I did mention that setting in another post, a couple of days ago I think.

I R Baboon
Oeps, zag bericht #44 van je nu pas.
Dat ging langs elkaar heen, dus.

OK.

De bedoeling is dat je de Linksys in de DMZ Host zet van de Huawei.
Dan gaat alle internetverkeer ongefilterd door naar de Linksys.
Het beste is om het ip adres van de Linksys (WAN kant! 192.168.1.xx) statisch te maken.
Dat kan gemakkelijk in de WAN setup pagina van de Linksys.
Internet connection type moet op "static ip" staan.
Vul dan dit in:

ip adres: 192.168.1.50
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 194.134.5.55
DNS2: 194.134.5.5
DNS3: 8.8.8.8

Opslaan en reboot Huawei en Linksys.
Check dan je internet verbinding in je netwerk.

Als alles werkt, moet je nog een keer inloggen op de Huawei.
Zet dat ip adres 192.168.1.50 in de DMZ Host.
Toepassen klikken en klaar.

Nu kan je alles instellen op de Linksys en speciaal welke poorten open moeten en alle verdere details.
Vanaf nu hoef je niet meer in de Huawei te zijn, tenzij dat echt nodig zou zijn.

Good Luck!

allornothing
Okay thanks, I'll give that a try and get back to you.

Before I start, one question. You say: "...Dan gaat alle internetverkeer ongefilterd door naar de Linksys...".

Will people still be able to use mobile devices to access the internet via the Huawei wifi network?

Deze website gebruikt Awin affiliate links en Google advertenties, om deze service voor iedereen gratis te houden.
Spring naar forum:
Nieuw onderwerp Antwoorden
Gebruik BBcode of HTML om naar; 'Huawei HG655D met andere router in Bridge mode', te verwijzen!
BBcode:
HTML:
Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp Forum         Laatste bericht
Glasvezel abonnement fritz box 5490 Bridge Mode Eigen modem configuratie en problemen : 2 21 apr 2021
Zelf Router op glasvezel Online Alles-in-1 met Glasvezel : 1 16 sep 2020
Huawei HG655d WIFI bugs/troubleshoot topic Huawei configuratie en problemen : 27 16 mei 2020
Bridge modus Support Zyxel meer apparaten aansluiten : 3 06 apr 2020
zakelijke PC - Router gaat op standby Zyxel configuratie en problemen : 2 16 feb 2020
Advertentie