obey-robots.txt
Onderwerp bekijken
Vermeld afstand tot telefooncentrale en post je ADSL statistieken. Configuratiescherm, Geavanceerd, Statistieken, ADSL statistieken.
 Onderwerp afdrukken
High packet loss
TurboTurtle
Hello everyone,

I live in a student house, and the guy who registered the internet contract somehow lost his credentials to log onto the Klantenservice.. so I figured out this was the best way to get some help. Smile

So I think we have a "Snel Internet" subscription (10Mb/s down, 1Mb/s up, which is what I get running speed tests, so no problem on that side), and we have a Thomson ST546v6 modem linked to a Conceptronic C54BRS4A router (don't ask me why, apparently it's been like this for years even though it seems really stupid to me).

I have been experiencing some crashes on a game lately, and their Support asked me to perform some traceroute test to their gameservers using WinMTR. I found out that I had very high packet losses along the way, ranging from 50 to 70%, at any time in the day. I tried other hosts like google.nl to see if it wasn't a problem on their side, and I get the same problem. Here are some of the tests, uploaded on pastebin:

1. http://pastebin.com/pBURefeX 95.172.62.154, their gameserver
2. http://pastebin.com/g40gRCqf 31.168.224.112, their gameserver
3. http://pastebin.com/hhw5USfP google.nl
4. http://pastebin.com/gaELiqS6 google.com
5. http://pastebin.com/1fMX6gv3 online.nl

I am not a network expert, but to me it seems to occur at the 3rd level, so not between my computer and the router (192.168.0.1) or between the router and the modem (10.0.0.138), but externally. I do not seem to get any packet loss using the DOS Ping command though, but it seems like WinMTR is more reliable for that. I do not have any other specific problem, my ping, jitter and download/upload speed are both fine.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Is there anything I can do on my side? I do not know if I can get an answer from Online's technicians here, but if not, does anyone know how I could reach the Klantenservice without any credentials?

You can answer in Dutch if you want, I am just terrible at spelling it, sorry Smile

Thank you!

Lutz
Wij zijn hier een Nederlandstalig forum, en je mag in het Engels vragen, maar de antwoord zal Nederlandstalig zijn.

Sinds eind februari of zo leden ondervinden problemen met lagging.

Ik ken de router niet, maar draait hij de laatste firmware?

Eventueel werkt het een en ander beter met een ander modem en zonder router (de router kan tot 802.11g, en ik vrees dat 802.11n nog niet bestond toen de router gekocht werd).

Zou het kunnen dat de router nodig is voor draadloos toegang tot internet?
"Taal is dat ene stuk gereedschap uit de menselijke gereedschapskist dat goed lijkt te zijn voor alle doeleinden." Hayes, S.C., Strosahl, K.D., Wilson, K. G. (2012) Acceptance en Commitment Therapie, tweede druk, Amsterdam: Pearson

TurboTurtle
Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I updated the firmware a week ago.

I have no idea if the router is actually needed, but as I said it has been like this for years and the cable arrangement is pretty messy. Many ethernet cables are plugged directly to the modem but I cannot see where they go. I already tried plugging my ethernet cable directly into the modem, and it did not change anything.

Anyway, I doubt the problem comes from router since the packet losses start at "s5597c601.adsl.online.nl", the ISP line.
Could the problem be between the modem and the ISP though? Do you think Online could replace it by the newest modem they are offering with new subscriptions for free? Or should I just try to cancel the current subscription and get a new one?

Could anyone try to run a WinMTR test to see if you get the same results?

Lutz
Je hebt al geprobeerd om zonder router te internetten, en dat maakt niet uit. De volgende stap is, dat de houder van het abonnement contact moet opnemen met Online en moet klagen over de slechte performance.
Vermoedelijk zal Online wat tests doen en een gratis Huawei modem opsturen. Of dat de problemen doet verhelpen kan ik niet voorspellen.

Wordt de router draadloos gebruikt of alleen bedraad? Of werkt die alleen als hub?
"Taal is dat ene stuk gereedschap uit de menselijke gereedschapskist dat goed lijkt te zijn voor alle doeleinden." Hayes, S.C., Strosahl, K.D., Wilson, K. G. (2012) Acceptance en Commitment Therapie, tweede druk, Amsterdam: Pearson

I R Baboon
Aangezien je overal packetloss hebt bij alle externe hobs, zou ik eerder kijken naar de intrainwaardes van de Speedtouch.
Hoe ziet die er uit?
Kijk voor de beste satelliet links naar [url=Satelliet.start-plaats.nl]Satelliet.start-plaats.nl[/url]

Deze website gebruikt Awin affiliate links en Google advertenties, om deze service voor iedereen gratis te houden.
Spring naar forum:
Nieuw onderwerp Antwoorden
Gebruik BBcode of HTML om naar; 'High packet loss', te verwijzen!
BBcode:
HTML:
Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp Forum         Laatste bericht
High speed router gezocht. Livebox meer apparaten aansluiten : 5 21 feb 2008
Advertentie