obey-robots.txt
Onderwerp bekijken
Online Gebruikers Groep - Experts helpen klanten » Livebox (= Sagem f@st 3203, wordt uitgefaseerd) » Livebox configuratie en problemen
Wat is er mogelijk met het modem en hoe doe je het? Hoe kom je in het configuratiescherm? Heeft deze router wireless? Waar vind je wat in de schermen? Kun je nog extra dingen instellen, bijv. via telnet? Zijn er problemen bekend met dit modem? en hoe los je ze op?
 Onderwerp afdrukken
Livebox + NetGear wireless router
leida1966
Sorry but my Dutch is very basic and I have difficulties to write...

I have just got the Livebox and had it working with a Ethernet cable connected to my PC. However I would like to use a Netgear wireless router WGT624 connected to the Livebox but it does not work.

I used the Netgear without problem with a Speedtouch 510 of my previous ADSL contract.
I suppose the difference here is that the Livebox is also a DHCP server, but is there someone that can help to set up the link with the router?

Thanks in advance
Gewijzigd door leida1966 op 26 september 2006, 23:52

leida1966
Thanks for your post.
I would also go for option 1, i.e. having Netgear as a bridge. Yet I am not sure what I have to do and I could not really find much in the manual. I thought I should only disable the DHCP server of the Netgear but it does not work.

Any idea what else should be done on the Netgear to have it working as a bridge rather than a router?

Maurits
Hello Leida,
I'm using the WGT624 in connection to the Livebox for over 6 months now and it works fine. You'll find some more information on this at this Netgear page.

http://kbserver.netgear.com/inquira/default.asp?ui_mode=answer&prior_transaction_id=959985&action_code=5&highlight_info=16777286,73,87&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fkbserver.netgear.com%2Fkb_web_files%2FN101496.asp&answer_id=97112881#__highlight

This is for sure:
1. I did not make any changes to the livebox
2. The cable that comes from the livebox goes in one of the LAN-ports (the WAN-port is NOT used anymore)
3. The only changes to be made are in the EXTENDED (or advanced or whatever it says; I can't see that because I have a German menu) configuration of the Netgear router under LAN-IP Configuration (change the IP adress to 192.168.1.100 (at least I did) and DISABLE "use router as DHCP-server"

That should be all, Leida.
Greetings, Maurits
Gewijzigd door Maurits op 28 september 2006, 14:43

leida1966
I managed to have the netgear working with the livebox. The solution differs from what mentioned in previous posts and it is worth mentioning it.

I set the netgear to use a static IP address rather than using the one provided by the Internet Provider. I just used one IP address in the range managed by the Livebox.
Then I did the same for the DNS server, i.e. specifying the IP address of the Livebox.

The WAN port of the netgear is connected to the red Ethernet port of the Livebox.
This magically worked! I tried both with PCs connected via network cable to the netgear and also with wireless laptops!!

Thanks again to all of you

Deze website gebruikt Awin affiliate links en Google advertenties, om deze service voor iedereen gratis te houden.
Spring naar forum:
Nieuw onderwerp Antwoorden
Gebruik BBcode of HTML om naar; 'Livebox + NetGear wireless router', te verwijzen!
BBcode:
HTML:
Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Onderwerp Forum         Laatste bericht
FreshTomato Netgear R7000 configuratie Eigen modem configuratie en problemen : 2 14 mrt 2023
Zelf Router op glasvezel Online Alles-in-1 met Glasvezel : 1 16 sep 2020
zakelijke PC - Router gaat op standby Zyxel configuratie en problemen : 2 16 feb 2020
Vpnnord via 2e netgear router Algemeen : 1 15 jul 2019
Oude router als access point Zyxel meer apparaten aansluiten : 3 30 okt 2018
Advertentie